Friday

GOD is DOG spelled backwards....

Religion , It is the great Indian pastime, apart from cricket of course.From the time a child is born, he is subjected to regular dosages of religion- with myriad customs and rituals.
The child accepts everythings unquestioningly..until he enters his teen years.For me the quest began when I was twelve. Iam a hindu, so lets start with that.
The problem with a teenager is that he/she is in search of a role model,an ideal,as was the case with me, and nothing less than a numero uno would do.
So started my quest for the Zeus of Hindu gods.I knew that there were a lot of them, but never thought that there would be over 3 million of them..
I figured that I was in for some serious research..but soon encountered a roadblock.It seems all the ancient gurus and swamis who wrote our sacred books had soft spotsfor particular gods.
Might be they got some gud boons from them :-). Well the situation was similar to a critical analysis of a Arsenal- Man U match by the opposing fan groups.
It seemed that everytime I read a book about Lord Shiva, he turned out to be the "MAN" as u may please.
Everytime a calamity arose , all the other gods rushed to him for protection.
Ditto for a book on Lord Vishnu or Lord Brahma.(Reference: All those mytho serials..)I figured I needed to increase the scope of my quest...

to be contd..

No comments: